Thursday, July 19, 2012

Robo and I - From the Beginning

Our First Picture together - July 2010
                                      
Robo and I met online sometime in 2008. I remember talking to him frequently when I first began teaching and telling him all about it (which I'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed ... NOT). After a couple months of talking, we lost contact. I wasn't too upset because we lived an hour and a half away from each other and just simply didn't see it working out.  

Well, a little over a year later, we happened to both be logged into yahoo and strike up another conversation.  Little did I know this would be the beginning of a wonderful ride!We continued to "talk" for many months (with one minor "distraction" ha!) and finally had a "face-to-face" meeting in March of 2010.  At this point, I felt like we knew everything about each other because we would talk almost every night.

We simply just took off from this point. We never had the awkward dating moment and just enjoyed each others' company when we were together.  He met my entire family on Memorial Day weekend, and I met his sometime in June.  He officially asked me to be his girlfriend on July 11 (his birthday).

We spent as much time as possible together, which meant him making the drive to see me at least 2 (sometimes 3) times a week. We fit into each others families perfectly and it just seemed like the picture perfect relationship with arguments, smart ass comments and all. We had our ups and downs, but it was simply amazing.  I feel like Robo was the "Prince Charming" that God sent to me to spend the rest of my life with.  To top that off, he reminds me (and my family) SOO much of my Dad who passed away in May 2006.  He looked like him, talked like him, and acted like him.  Being with Robo was just like having a little piece of my Dad back on earth. I felt like my Dad had a hand in sending me a man who was just like him. 

In February of 2011, he made the decision to move over to where I lived, so we could start our lives together.  We bought a house together and continued to build what we had. 

On Saturday, September 3, 2011, my DREAM came true.  He planned a "very romantic" proposal, and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. 
Engagement Pic (Fall 2011)
                                                  

We soon chose September 29, 2012 as the day we would join in marriage and wedding plans took off!  We were living the dream by planning a wedding, spending as much time as possible with family, and simply enjoying each other!

The time continued to fly as we were counting down until September.  Making plans, booking venues, creating the wedding list, etc.Life was wonderful and everything seemed to be falling into place quite nicely!

Christmas 2011
                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment