Monday, July 30, 2012

I Made It!

Well, I made it through the first day of the 2012-2013 school year.  I'm not going to say it was easy because it definitely wasn't.

After an emotional evening last night, I woke up this morning telling myself I wasn't going to shed any tears today. I kept trying to get myself excited for this school year because I was excited to meet the new little faces but also very scared for another new beginning.

I kept myself together while getting ready and thought it was going to all go smoothly ... then ... I got into my car.  I'm not sure what it is about the car but it gets me every time. I wasn't even out of the driveway before I had tears streaming down my cheeks.

I was able to compose myself before getting work and dove right in finishing up some last minute things before the students would arrive.  My assistant came in and we started talking and I lost it again.

Why?
Why is it hitting me all right now like a ton of bricks?

He is on my mind constantly thinking about things I was to tell him and stories to share. What would he think about my room and kids this year?

Why?
Why didn't he get to meet this group of students?

Why is it going back to work that seems to be so hard?

I keep going back to that question of why.  I just wish I understood why he had to be taken at 25 with so much life ahead of him.

But, I made it through the day and my mom, brother, and sister-in-law brought me lunch!!!

Bring on day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment