Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend, my Mom, my youngest nephew, and I loaded up the van and headed to Indiana to celebrate my niece's baptism. We went on Friday, so we were able to spend some extra time with Nathan, Kristin, and Brynzlee.  What a fun weekend. 

Friday night, we had dinner and went to Orange Leaf for some froyo ... yumm!! 

Saturday, we began by hitting up the farmer's market.  Let me just say that it doesn't even compare to the Decatur farmers market ... Then, Kristin and I had some girl time running all over to find some white bloomers for Bryn to wear with her baptism dress.  I can't stress enough how wonderful it was to have some time with just Kristin.  I love Nathan and Bryn too, but I've dearly missed my Kristin time!  <3  K's parents and 3 dogs joined us on Saturday. That made 6 adults, 1 kid, 1 baby, and 7 dogs in the house ... not too crazy!!  

Sunday was Brynzlee's day!  KT Mae and her bf came, and we all headed to church to celebrate her baptism.  The service was very, very nice.  It was one of my few experiences in a non-Catholic church, but I enjoyed it and can see why N and K have found a home in that church.  During the service, there was a point where people were called to share with the congregation anything that they wished prayers for. Jacob (my nephew who used to be painstakingly shy ... and hide behind chairs from people he didn't know) raised his hand to get the microphone. The pastor was kind of shocked that Jacob wanted to speak.  In his sweet 9 year old voice he said, "My name is Jacob Roe and my Dad just got out of the hospital on Thursday.  He's in a lot of pain. He had back surgery on Monday." How sweet is that?!  He even was choking up talking about it.  I was so proud of him being brave enough to ask N and K's church to pray for his Dad.  What a sweetheart!  

After church, we went back to N and K's for one amazing lunch and spending time together.  What a great weekend!  

We dropped Jacob off on the way home Sunday.  He was with us for 7 days straight .. and I was beyond exhausted.  I'm so thankful that I was able to spend time with the boys last week when it was needed.  I'm grateful to have time off to do so. 

Here's a few pics from this weekend ... that I may or may not have stole from my SIL
Jacob was sooo proud of Brynzlee .. and she loved him too!
Love this baby girl
LOVE this one!
Sweet and precious baby Bryn
Cute Family Pic .. captured by me :)
It's so sweet to see my brother who was such a pain to me as a Dad.. Heartwarming!
Cute Girlies!
T minus 8 business days until I return to school to kick off the 2013-2014 school year! I had a meeting to work on the K report card today and walking in ... it hit me.  Yesterday was the 29 ... meaning it would have been Robert and I's 10 month wedding anniversary ... 2 months away from a year.  I still miss that man like crazy, but he's definitely been making his presence known in my life.  I'm so thankful for his love and to have my own special angel watching over me!  

Here's to taking in every last minute of summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment