Monday, April 29, 2013

That's What Sisters Are For

Last night, I found out just how lucky I am to have my sister. This is a story that will go down in history, and someday I hope to look back and laugh (even harder). 

To preface a little, I met a guy (let's just call him D-bag) last November and began seeing/dating him. We got to a point where we were spending the majority of every weekend together, and I was finally feeling like maybe I would find happiness again. I thought things were going very well .... until ...last Sunday I had a sick feeling in my stomach.  I ended up finding out that he had been talking to another girl. He informed me it'd been going on the whole time we were dating, and I was crushed.  He said he needed time to "think and decide who he wanted because he really liked me and had feelings for her".  After a whole week shedding too many tears and giving him too much time, I finally decided to completely break it off with him for good. 

This is where my sister steps in.  She takes in upon herself for find the "other" girl on facebook and send her a message. This was the start of a conversation between the "other" girl and her discussing what has been going on with D-bag. Then, I began messaging her and ended up having an hour phone conversation comparing all the lies we've been told.  It was lie after lie after lie.... I really can't believe he was able to keep up with all of them ... This girl was very sweet and I'm so glad we were able to connect. We're able to support each other with moving on and not giving him the time of day. 

I got a message from him saying "thanks for ruining everything. Now I lost 2 girls that I care about."  He sure has a funny way of showing he cares ...by lying over AND over ...

In the end, I'm glad I found out about all of these lies after only 5 months. I owe many thanks to my sister for taking a step out to take care of me and assist me with finding out all that D-bag was up to. I chalk this up to just another minor bump in the road called life. 

I thank God and Robert, once again, for looking out for me and showing me this was NOT the right person for me.  Finding out two days before the 1 year anniversary of Robert's death speaks volumes to me. I honestly believe someone was looking out for me. I can still hear Robert laughing and carrying on because he knows just how evil and crazy my sister can be. 

Thank you, Amy, for helping me through this all. From the way we fought when we were younger, I never dreamed we would grow up to have the relationship we have. I'm so thankful to have you and wouldn't change one thing about what we have.  

Here's to moving on in life with God, Robert, and, apparently, my sister on my side! :)

On a much happier note, I'm so glad to have this precious little niece in my life.

I just love little Brynzlee soo much, and it makes me miss my precious nephews being little enough for me to snuggle with them. Now they're all grown up and it's not as "cool" to hang out with their Aunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment